Administration, Delivery & Pick UP Mosaic Event Rentals – Milton
Come join a team that enjoys their work! If you have a winning attitude with a vision for success, this is your opportunity to join a dynamic organization.
THE EMPLOYER: Mosaic Event and Party Rentals supplies a full range of rental equipment and services to residential, institutional, and corporate clients in and around the GTA. Based from our warehouse and operations center in Mosaic Event & Party Rentals maintains an abundance of inventory, which includes a progressive mix of products that are geared to service any event imaginable; including galas, weddings, birthdays, festivals, corporate events and residential parties.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Delivery and pick up position is ideal for an energetic person who likes to work outside, has a good driving record, and is experienced in driving cargo vans and straight trucks. The person is results oriented, thrives in a fast paced environment, loves problem solving, & demonstrates strong leadership skills. Successful candidates help load the truck; make the delivery
1: TRANSPORTING AND INSTALLING
· Delivery Drivers are responsible for transporting event rental items to and from client job sites. Responsibilities include installing tents & related party items according to instructions, tracking inventory upon delivery and pickup.
· Follow proper procedures when loading, unloading, delivering, setting up, and picking up party rental equipment.
· Call into store after each stop & with any issues that are unexpected or different from the delivery contract.
2: DRIVING AND THE VEHICLE
· Drive up to a 20-foot truck.
· Safely operate the company vehicle provided.
· Observe speed limits and obey all road signs.
· Read and interpret maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient routes.
· Keep driving records (i.e. mileage).
· Perform a daily checklist on designated vehicles at the beginning of each shift.
· Perform simple vehicle maintenance (i.e. keep track of servicing and fluid levels, fill tires with air, etc.).
· Maintain assigned vehicle(s) clean inside and outside.
3: CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TEAMWORK
· Carry out daily assignments in a manner that promotes customer service and teamwork, pays attention to details, and ensures customer satisfaction.
· Assist customers with orders, questions or any concerns relating to their event. · Provide courteous, professional and prompt customer service in-person, over the phone or via email communications.
· Exhibit professional phone manners, excellent listening skills and complete product knowledge (product specifications, price, details).
· Properly supervise all helpers assigned to ensure compliance with company objectives.
· Ensure good “housekeeping” in the trucks and on the jobsite.
. Process rental orders accurately and update order changes promptly.
· Obtain Advance Payments on reservation. · Facilitate all incoming payments as due.
· Execute rental contracts.
· Maintain a tidy, visually appealing and inspiring showroom display.
· Complete store opening and closing procedures.
· Ensure end of day balancing of transactions and payments.
4: AT THE WAREHOUSE
· Assist in maintaining warehouse in a neat and orderly fashion with the inventory safely stored and the aisle ways kept free of merchandise and other items at all times.
· Assist as needed in the overall operation of the store, like cleaning and steaming linens if needed
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
1: LITERACY REQUIREMENT
· Must have a Collage Degree.
· Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly.
· Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
. Adapt computer skills including MS Office Suite, smartphones, and tablets
· Quick learner with the ability to learn new software applications.
2: DRIVING QUALIFCATION
· Minimum Two Years prior driving experience a must. Experience driving cube or moving type trucks a plus.
· A valid driver’s license (G class) with a good driving record.
· Must have a clean driving abstract. A copy of an abstract will be required at the time of employment.
3: PHYSICAL FITNESS
· Must be able to lift approximately 20 kg (45 lbs) in the normal course of work
· Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
· Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
4: PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
· Must possess strong customer relation skills.
· Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
· Availability to work on weekends, night and some holidays.
· Must be friendly and pleasant.
· Attention to detail, such as directions, addresses and delivery instructions is important.
· Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
· Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience and accept constructive criticism when necessary.
· You own a pair of safety boots.
· Must be able to pass a background and drug test.
Typical Work Week: 30 – 35+ hours / Week
Job Type: Full-time
Payment : $15 / Hour
Job Location: Milton – Ontario