Operation Assistant / Driver
THE EMPLOYER: Mosaic Event and Party Rentals supplies a full range of rental equipment and services to residential, institutional, and corporate clients in and around the GTA. Based from our warehouse and operations center in Mosaic Event & Party Rentals maintains an abundance of inventory, which includes a progressive mix of products that are geared to service any event imaginable; including galas, weddings, birthdays, festivals, corporate events and residential parties.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Delivery and pick up position is ideal for an energetic person who likes to work outside, has a good driving record, and is experienced in driving cargo vans and straight trucks. The person is results oriented, thrives in a fast paced environment, loves problem solving, & demonstrates strong leadership skills. Successful candidates help load the truck; make the delivery
1: TRANSPORTING AND INSTALLING
· Delivery Drivers are responsible for transporting event rental items to and from client job sites. Responsibilities include installing tents & related party items according to instructions, tracking inventory upon delivery and pickup
· Follow proper procedures when loading, unloading, delivering, setting up, and picking up party rental equipment.
· Call into store after each stop & with any issues that are unexpected or different from the delivery contract.
2: DRIVING AND THE VEHICLE
· Drive up to a 15-foot truck.
· Safely operate the company vehicle provided.
· Observe speed limits and obey all road signs.
· Read and interpret maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient routes.
· Keep driving records (i.e. mileage).
· Perform a daily checklist on designated vehicles at the beginning of each shift.
· Perform simple vehicle maintenance (i.e. keep track of servicing and fluid levels, fill tires with air, etc.).
· Maintain assigned vehicle(s) clean inside and outside.
3: CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TEAMWORK
· Carry out daily assignments in a manner that promotes customer service and teamwork, pays attention to details, and ensures customer satisfaction.
· Assist customers with orders, questions or any concerns relating to their event. · Provide courteous, professional and prompt customer service in-person, over the phone or via email communications.
· Exhibit professional phone manners, excellent listening skills and complete product knowledge (product specifications, price, details).
· Properly supervise all helpers assigned to ensure compliance with company objectives.
· Ensure good “housekeeping” in the trucks and on the jobsite.
. Process rental orders accurately and update order changes promptly.
· Obtain Advance Payments on reservation. · Facilitate all incoming payments as due.
· Execute rental contracts.
· Maintain a tidy, visually appealing and inspiring showroom display.
· Complete store opening and closing procedures.
· Ensure end of day balancing of transactions and payments.
4: AT THE WAREHOUSE
· Assist in maintaining warehouse in a neat and orderly fashion with the inventory safely stored and the aisle ways kept free of merchandise and other items at all times.
· Assist as needed in the overall operation of the store, like cleaning and steaming linens if needed
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
1: LITERACY REQUIREMENT
· Must have a Collage Degree.
· Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly.
· Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
. Adapt computer skills including MS Office Suite, smartphones, and tablets
· Quick learner with the ability to learn new software applications.
2: DRIVING QUALIFCATION
· Minimum Two Years prior driving experience a must. Experience driving cube or moving type trucks a plus.
· A valid driver’s license (G class) with a good driving record.
· Must have a clean driving abstract. A copy of an abstract will be required at the time of employment.
3: PHYSICAL FITNESS
· Must be able to lift approximately 25 lbs in the normal course of work
· Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
· Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
4: PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
· Must possess strong customer relation skills.
· Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
· Availability to work on weekends, night and some holidays.
· Must be friendly and pleasant.
· Attention to detail, such as directions, addresses and delivery instructions is important.
· Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
· Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience and accept constructive criticism when necessary.
· You own a pair of safety boots.
Typical Work Week: 25+ hours / Week
Job Type: Part Time
Payment : $18 / Hour
Job Location: Milton – Ontario
|1: CUSTOMER HANDLING|
Assist customers with orders, questions or any concerns relating to their event. Provide courteous, professional and prompt customer service in-person, over the phone or via email communications. Exhibit professional phone manners, excellent listening skills and complete product knowledge (product specifications, price, details). Actively develop and maintain relationships with customers to encourage loyalty. Proactively handle any order conflicts or issues timely, especially equipment and credit related, before the event is delivered. Serve as the customer champion to successfully manage, act and resolve customer needs with a sense of urgency and to the satisfaction of the customer while adhering to company guidelines.
2: OPERATIONS Process rental orders accurately and update order changes promptly. Obtain Advance Payments on reservation. Facilitate all incoming payments as due. Execute rental contracts. Maintain a tidy, visually appealing and inspiring showroom display. Complete store opening and closing procedures. Ensure end of day balancing of transactions and payments. Adhere to Safety Standards. Communicate freely with supervisor and management any issues or problems that need further clarification or handling. Prioritize consistently with the goal to complete and/or resolve issues by the end of the day.
3: SELLING Liaise effectively with the team to ensure rental orders are prepared accurately for delivery or pick-up. Suggest substitutes and alternative solutions to customers when needed. Assume the sale, close. Upsell. Understand the event and the customer to Upsell. Design proposals, quotes and other sales collateral as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES
1: LITERACY REQUIREMENT High school diploma. Adept computer skills including MS Office Suite, smartphones, and tablets Strong organizational, customer service and communication skills. Professional phone manners and a thorough understanding of service excellence. Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining strong attention to detail. Quick learner with the ability to learn new software applications.
2: PERSONAL Energetic, sales-driven, and enthusiastic personality with strong interpersonal skills. Service oriented with the ability and willingness to serve customers from order inception until completion of event. Ability to handle pressure and heavy volume of customer inquiries via phone and/or email. Self-starter. Ability to work independently.
3: EXPERIENCE Customer Service: 1 year. Rental or Catering experience a plus.
Typical Work Week: 25+ hours. Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays if needed.
Job Type: Part Time
Payment : $16.50 /hr
To wash and clean food service equipment, i.e. tableware, china, flatware, glassware, chafers, pots, pans etc. There is some degree of lifting and a significant degree of standing, walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and dimensions. Must have a full range of motion and dexterity. Must accept and follow instructions from supervisors.
- Wash and clean equipment using dishwasher or by hand and as specified by manufacturer and company policy.
- Uphold the quality control standards of the company.
- Wrap and package equipment according to company policy.
- Restock cleaned, wrapped and packaged equipment.
- Check in orders daily.
- Handle the equipment carefully.
- Log broken, damaged, missing dishes and equipment. Turn report into supervisor daily.
- When cleaning equipment breaks, notify supervisor immediately.
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Report safety violations to supervisor.
- Ensure the desired productivity.
- Sort and remove trash
- Communicate with supervisor.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
Job Type: Part Time
Payment : $15.50 /hr